The Christmas concert is back in 2019 and once again we’re challenging all the Scout & Guide groups in the district to make performing arts part of their programme and contribute their own items, which we will intersperse throughout the evening.
This might be a:
- Sketch or Skit
- Song – we can help with a backing track if you need it!
- Traditional Nativity
- Dance – do you have some dancers in your group who want to choreograph their own routine?
- Musical performance – Maybe you have a pianist or guitarist or any other instrument / ensemble that would like to play a song
- Something else that we’ve not thought of!
Performances could be soloist, small groups or your whole section; if you have young people who want to get involved we will do our best make it work!
If you are interested in taking part and would like to receive more information please
Taking part in the Christmas concert can count towards earning activity badges and awards
- Entertainers activity badge
- Creative part of the Our Skills Challenge Award part of the Chief Scout’s Silver Award
The Christmas Concert will be held on Friday 20th December at Swindon Academy. Doors will open at 7pm and the performance will start at 7.30pm and run through until 9pm.
There are 6 performance slots available for groups, with a maximum time of 5 minutes per slot.
You will be responsible for your groups during the evening and will need enough adults there to maintain ratios for your age group.
We will have a simple lighting rig for the stage area, as well as microphones for the choir and solo singing. There are no radio mics so you will need to make sure that any speaking parts practice speaking clearly, and projecting to a big room; the overhead mics can only do so much
There will be no dedicated changing rooms, but we should be able to use the corridor outside to prepare the next item. Please bear this is mind when making your plan.
The first time we put the whole show together will be on the night. You’ll need to be able to walk on stage, do your performance, take your applause and then head back to your seats. Keep any props and costumes simple to make this as easy as possible.